Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Cisco CCNA Test setup

From: Fritz Ames <fritzames () earthlink net>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 20:41:26 -0400

Alan,
A friend of mine went through the same basic question and determined that the simulators are probably better because you can do exercises with many more than two routers. The actual hardware may be useful if you have never laid hands on the equipment--and that is certainly important experience for the more advanced certifications. I'd go with Brian's advice unless I actually needed a couple of routers around. You can, however, always resell the hardware after you are through with your learning process.

--Fritz

Alan Young wrote:

Regarding the CCNA test

Thank you all for your opinions, this is a great list.

I guess I will go the middle of the road and get two 1005's since I can get
them for about $100 apiece on ebay, and it is near the price of a sim disk.

Your answers were very very helpful.
Alan