Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: tcpdump on my firewall

From: "J B" <bolesjb () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 18:34:19 -0700

Seems like you don't have to try to hard to make a common sense argument
against it.  Seems to make a readily useful tool for anybody that might gain
access to your firewall, since much of your traffic will likely pass through
your firewall - and goes against minimizing your firewall system, might ask
him if there's anything else on he wants on there, like a quake server.
Seems that a better place would be inside your firewall.

Message: 1