Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Consine FW

From: David Lang <david.lang () digitalinsight com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 00:55:52 -0800 (PST)

although as fast as computers are today the speed you can get from proxies
may very well be sufficiant, in most cases a fairly beefy box will make it
so that your communications lines are your bottleneck, not the firewall
(obviously does not apply to gig ethernet, but definantly does apply up to
multiple DS-3's)

David Lang