Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: (no subject)

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 04:54:03 -0400 (EDT)

Placing a screening router on the backboen, with the firewall behind it,
is a common layout.  It helps to filter stupid traffic from the firewall
and any internal IDS systems monitoring traffic.  Perhaps this is what you
are describing and offering to suggest to your mgt. folks.  Most major
MSSP's also use the screening router concept, though, some  of those folks
tend to get stuck in a number of restrictive conditions, one being a
freeze upon new versions of the IOS as well as the code of the firewall
and any other perimiter devices they place to be managed.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne