Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: routing by interface on Solaris

From: "Neil Buckley" <nwbuckley () mediaone net>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 18:47:00 -0500

By we I assume you mean me, since I didn't see any other posts to this
message 8)

I guess I view the ability to stop packets destined for my management
network a function of an upstream device closer to my hostile connections.
Performing it at the interface of the firewall may be a nice added defense,
but suggests that you have a single device performing many functions.

Sorry if I missed the hidden wisdom in Lance's first message, maybe he could
elaborate.

--Neil