Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Security and the Government

From: Lance Spitzner <lance () spitzner net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 21:56:57 -0600 (CST)

I have no idea where to post this, so I thought I would
bounce this off the peanut gallery :)

I decided to express some of my concerns about our government's
computer security to our representatives.  After some searching,
I found the "SUBCOMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT MANAGEMENT, INFORMATION
AND TECHNOLOGY" at http://www.house.gov/reform/gmit/index.htm.
The committee is chaired by Congressmen Stephen Horn, who
recently released the committee's first report on computer
security.

I went to Mr. Horn's website to obtain his email address,
http://www.house.gov/horn/.  I found the address, but how he
uses email concerns me.  Remeber, this is one of the lead
congressmen involved in the USA's Information Technology.

  "Send e-mail to steve.horn () mail house gov.  Please
   include your full name and postal address, including
   ZIP code, since I respond by U.S. mail. Thank you."

What can one imply from this .... ?

If this it totally off base, please excuse my wandering ways.

--
Lance Spitzner
http://project.honeynet.org