Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Blocking at firewall via MAC address

From: Paul Cardon <paul () moquijo com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 17:57:27 -0500

B. Scott Harroff wrote:

If there is a wizard that knows how to meet this requirement with OpenBSD
(2.9 or 3.0) / IPFilter, I'd really like to hear from you.   If not, I will
simply implement a switch that will meet the business partner's requirement.

You can get a good idea of what you can and can't do by looking at the ipf(5) man page that shows the BNF grammar for config file rule syntax. MAC address fu does not appear in there. I also looked at the man pages for pf (OpenBSD 3.0) and it isn't there either.

-paul