Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: potential network attacks

From: Tony Howlett <thowlett () netsecuritysvcs com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:36:41 -0600

both snort and ethereal are excellent although snorts kinda a bear to set up in a windows enviroment.

If you want something quick and dirty, you might also try windump. it will accomplish the same as snort without the IDS component. the outputs a little harder to read but if all you want to do is watch the packets fly by, it will do the job just fine.

Good luck!