Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Building a squid box

From: Jeffery.Gieser () minnesotamutual com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 08:34:25 -0500

Alan,

#I guess I am going to build a squid box, but how do I create a blocking
#list?
#Is there a source file of "bad" sites that people can download?
#How can I use squid to stop people from cyber-surfing on company time?
#Is there a FAQ/howto file on this?

If you are looking for a commercial product that runs on Squid check out
Smartfilter from Secure Computing (www.securecomputing.com).  It has a list
of selectable categories so that you can deny surfing to certain types of
sites i.e sex sites, crime sites, ect.  You can also add your own sites to
be denied and create lists of allowed sites that exist in a category you
wish to deny.  They have a new list of blocked sites evey week or two and
are pretty quick about fixing incorrectly categorized sites.

Regards,
Jeffery Gieser