Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Re Where to find a example security policy?

From: Brian Ford <brford () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:23:00 -0400

Andy,

Ahh.  We should have joined forces Sunday.  I had my one kid running around with 7 cousins of various ages and genders.
 I just gave up on doing anything electronic and watched some Olympics and football (J E T S, Jets, Jets, Jets!).

I totally agree with your call for the legal assessment.  It's a requirement and not a nice to have.  I've seen a
couple of dismissals turned around here in the New York area over the past 12-18 months due to inadequate legal advice.

If you already have a (technically) well educated work force in place, your advice would work well.  Education,
continuing and otherwise is vital to making this work.

Was the Overly book published recently?  I saw a reference to a book with a similar title recently (at FatBrain.com)
but it had not actually been published yet.

And again, you've made an excellent point (i.e. "keep plugging away").  One of the toughest parts of developing a
security policy seems to be getting started.

Regards,

Brian