Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Free Web Content Filter Solution?

From: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins () itdomain com au>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 10:04:31 +1100

Unix:
Squid+squidguard - There's actually someone out there (references on the
squid-users mailing list archives - I'll look up the details if you want)
who has squid running on a Linux Router Project setup... very small and
lightweight. Their goals sounded siilar to yours.
"Free" etc. etc.etc.

If you're looking for a windows based solution there are a couple of ports
of squid... but I don't think squidguard has been ported which limits the
flexability of the blocking rules somewhat.

There are also a number of native windows based proxies like wingate that
can probably do the job.

Rob

Disclaimer: I hack on squid :-]