Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Tool for large log file reporting? (was: RE: WebSens e)

From: "Desai, Ashish" <Ashish.Desai () fmr com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:47:13 -0400

you could try renaming the tables periodically(once a week).
That way you don't hamper the proxy that's doing inserts.

BTW, we ended up writing perl/shell script code as we get approx 8Gb
of proxy logs a day! (This is not a joke)
We gzip them up. However its hurts us, as  uncompressing them in memory
takes a while.

Ashish