Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Transparent NAT

From: james <james () lasolas com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 20:08:12 -0400

Predrag Zivic wrote:

I agree, double NAT is not a good idea. UDP and TCP
protocols like FTP will not work (I tried it and got
burned with it...). So as suggested no need for NAT on
your router. Just a VPN NAT should do it.

Pez

I've done double NAT with linux masquerading:

[NT in vwmare under linux on a virtual net] -> NAT -> [my lan] -> NAT ->
[Internet]

In this case, with all of the masq modules loaded, everything worked
fine.
I've also tested the case of double transparent web proxies (squid),
also ok.
This may not be helpful in your case, but I thought I'd mention it.

James