Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Where to find a example security policy?

From: "Robert MacDonald" <rmacdonald () gfs com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:08:03 -0400

Aaron,

For starters, try these sites.

http://secinf.net/
http://fw4.iti.salford.ac.uk/ice-tel/firewall/policy.html
http://www.reeusda.gov/issp/98planguide.htm
www.boran.com/security/
http://www.cs.washington.edu/lab/
http://net-services.ufl.edu/~security/universities.html
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc2196.html

A not so cheap, but very good source of policies on
CD and in book:

Information Security Policies Made Easy, Version 7, By Charles Cresson Wood,
CISA, CISSP.  More information on it is available at:
http://www.baselinesoft.com/  $495.00 US

Robert

- -
Robert P. MacDonald, Network Engineer
e-Business Infrastructure
G o r d o n   F o o d    S e r v i c e
Voice: +1.616.261.7987 email: rmacdonald () gfs com

aturner () vicinity com 9/19/00 3:12:47 PM >>>

I've been looking for some example security policy(ies) to use to base my
own companies policy on.  I've looked on the usual places like
SecurityPortal, but came up empty (plenty of broken links though).

Anyone know where I might be able to find such a beast?

--
Aaron Turner        aturner () vicinity com  650.237.0300 x252
Security Engineer                         Vicinity Corp.