Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

napster ?!!

From: "navid atoofi" <natoofi () neu edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:56:44 -0400

Hello everyone:

while ago there was a discussion on blocking napster.
napster traffic take close to %55 of our available bandwidth. It wasn't an
issue, but lately
legal department start getting involved. We are trying to come up with a way
to eliminate
a big portion of it.

Up to now we block the following ports and domain
64.124.41.0/24
napster "directory"servers  4444,5555,6666,7777,8888
Napster redirector          8875
Napster client            6097,6120,6336,6346,6688,6697,6698 and 6699

strange enough, I can not get to any napster server that I know off.
It cannot be this easy. Any server I knew at least matched one of the above.

does anyone know of a server that I can get to or connect ?!!

Navid

Ps: this was from an email on "sans.org" mailing list. author was "Setve".
    I do not have any other information