Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Checkpoint support

From: "S. Jonah Pressman" <jonah () istar ca>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 18:13:48 -0400

Christopher:

I worked with both products with positive results and nothing but
accolades for the support teams.  The Checkpoint tech support options
are relatively expensive.  If you are working in an organization or
project with a big budget, this will not trouble you.

Best Regards,
Jonah

"Christopher J. Wargaski" wrote:

Folks--

        I am evaluating FW-1 over PIX and am interested
to see how Checkpoint's technical support organization
is. I have never dealt with them, but I have dealt with
Cisco quite a bit in the past few years.

        I understand that support must be purchased for
the FW-1 product (as well as a yearly right to use
subscription) and already have pricing information for
the different support options. Every support organization
will have its blemishes, but overall, how does Checkpoint's
stack up?

                                        cjw

Christopher J. Wargaski
RMS Information Technology Integration