Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

TACACS+ and PIX

From: "Nick Elliott" <nick_e () mpt-ltd com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:53:15 +0100

I have been testing TACACS+ (NTtacPlus) in conjunction with my PIX fw.
Problem is that I need to authorise users individually before they get to
the server, and the browsers are caching authentication info and firing it
at the PIX. No matter how I set up my uauth timers, the user is only
reauthorised if their ip address changes, or they lose authent info for some
reason.

As the browser settings are under the control of the user - does anyone know
any better methods / products for authorising users' inbound http
connections?

many thanks in advance
Nick Elliott
MPT Ltd.