Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Silly Question Time

From: Henry Sieff <hsieff () orthodon com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:40:09 -0500

Handling malicious code is actually part of the general purpose of a
firewall; checking incoming data for a virus in email is not
significantly different from reverse proxying and checking the http
requests coming in. Some AV vendors (Norton, for example) make
firewall AV components, although it only works with certain types of
firewalls (I believe the fireall must support CVP, for example).

Wouldn't be unheard of, at all, but I currently don't do it.

Henry