Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: General security question

From: "H. Morrow Long" <morrow.long () yale edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 11:24:41 -0500

Yes.  I've looked it over and tested it.  It is too bad that it doesn't
interoperate with the existing FTP over SSL implementation(s).

Why didn't IPSwitch make it compatible with the FTP over SSL clients and server
that are compatible with SSLeay and OpenSSL?  Is IPSwitch implementing a new FTP
over SSL/TLS specification in WS+FTP Pro 6.6?

- H. Morrow Long
  Dir - Information Security Office
  Yale University, ITS, University Information Security Office

istong wrote:

Also bear in mind if you are looking for a more secure FTP solution WS_FTP
Pro 6.6 now has SSL support.  The downside is you have to use their client
and server pieces.

FYI,

Ian