Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: latest firewall tools for linux

From: Mark Drummond <mark.drummond () rmc ca>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 18:12:09 -0400

"Moore, James" wrote:

try www.openbsd.org - I think you'll be happier

-----Original Message-----
From:   Firewalls [SMTP:Firewalls () exchange ware net]
Sent:   Monday, May 01, 2000 11:13 PM
To:     'fwz'
Subject:        [fw-wiz] latest firewall tools for linux

Can anyone point me to the latest hardened/semi-hardened Linux for use

as a Firewall protecting a group of web servers?

I never understand these questions, or these answers. "The security of
your system is entirely dependant on the ability of the administrator to
secure and maintain that system". *BSD is no more secure than any Linux
distro, in the hands of the right person. In the hands of the wrong
person any Linux box, just like a *BSD box, or any other *nix box, is a
security compromise waiting to happen.

DISCLAIMER: I LIKE Linux, I LIKE *BSD, I LIKE Solaris. Worked with them
all, think they are all great. I DON'T like Windows (my parents raised
me proper see ...).

med