Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: where can I find tcpdump for solaris

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry () piermont com>
Date: 05 Mar 2000 15:41:03 -0500

At 10:45 AM 3/2/00 -0500, Kenneth_W_Fox () sbphrd com wrote:
I need a copy of tcpdump for solarisand I haven't been able to find
it on the usual sources for sun specific software.

Neil Ratzlaff <neil.ratzlaff () ucop edu> writes:
On Solaris it is called snoop.

No it isn't.

Snoop is a different, vastly inferior network sniffer. It isn't even
remotely as good as tcpdump.

To answer the original question, the "standard" tcpdump distribution
will compile and run on solaris just fine.

--
Perry Metzger           perry () piermont com