Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Binding inetd to ip

From: dwelch () hotmail com
Date: 26 Jan 2000 22:36:29 -0800

On Tue, 25 January 2000, Nicholas Tang wrote:

Is it possible to bind inetd to a specific ip address/ethernet card under
linux?  I haven't been able to find any info myself, but the reason I
ask is because I currently am running a nameserver that has two network
cards.

Probably not without hacking inetd. I belive it does a bind to 0.0.0.0, which effectively means "bind to all IPs on the
system." You'd have to change it to bind to a specific interface, which is probably not all that difficult to do.

--
Dameon D. Welch, a.k.a. PhoneBoy (dwelch () phoneboy com)
Check Point FireWall-1 FAQs at http://www.phoneboy.com/fw1/