Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: snooping

From: Robert Graham <robert_david_graham () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:11:29 -0800 (PST)

--- "Hans W. Rosen" <rosen () monmouth com> wrote:
I have discovered somebody snooping my harddrive leaving the identity
216.33.199.81 .  This is not the first time by this party and if I see it one
more time I will turn you in to Senator Toricelli who is very interrested
about such criminal conduct.  This is a warning and I prohibit such invasion.

I'm surprised this got by the moderator.

These connections are caused by advertisement-supported shareware that you've
installed on your machine. You will continue to see these outbound connections
until you remove the shareware.
This is explained at:
http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html#port17027

=====