Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: blocking icmp type 3

From: Patrick Darden <darden () armc org>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:11:00 -0400 (EDT)

For small networks (/27 and smaller, non ARIN assigned nets) you don't
need any ICMP at all.  We allow specific icmp to/from one host on my DMZ
for diagnostic purposes (traceroutes, etc.)  but otherwise we shut it
down.  We allow no icmp at all between our dmz and internal nets.

--
--
--Patrick Darden                Internetworking Manager