Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: SMTP Firewall

From: Siglite <siglite () criticalstop com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 07:38:58 -0400 (EDT)

The only thing I can think of is that you'd be adding another gateway to
your network, and another gateway creates another point of attack. (not to
mention more work)  I don't know if the email department was planning on
creating a DMZ for this smtp server or not, but it sure seems like a waste
of resources if there's already a functional firewall and DMZ protecting
thier network.

/* I live with FEAR every day.       */
/* But, sometimes, she lets me RACE. */

KT Morgan