Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Free NAT for NT?

Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 14:44:03 -0400

At 07:12 PM 9/1/99 -0700, Ryan Russell wrote:
Anyone aware of any free Network Address Translation (NAT)
software for Windows NT?

Try Sygate.  It's not free, but it works very well!  I used to use Nevod's
Nat1000, but had problem with certain network games (such as Microsoft
golf), but with Sygate, I don't have any problems now!  It as a powerfull
script language that permits you to build your own port redirector and
such... it's really good!

BTW, nevod nat1000 is now part of Win98SE and Win2k.  I tested the Win2k
and it seems to work fine.  I installed NukeNabber on that machine to look
at the portscanning (my machine is on a cable modem), and I get about 10-15
scans a day!  All looking for well known trojan ports!  If your machine is
on a dedicated line, I recommend such a software too! (it's free!)

Hope it helps!
Bye!