Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

COmpare Firewalls

From: TUDOR PANAITESCU <tpanaitescu () usa net>
Date: 1 Sep 99 09:14:16 EDT

Hello everybody !

I am trying to convince the people in the IT dept. here that they should get
rid of the Microsoft Proxy which is now the only "buffer" between our network
(192.168.*) and the internet and to get a firewall.

My questions are: 1. Can anybody point me to a site with some information
about the poor reliability/security/etc. of M$ Proxy? 2. Can anybody point me
to a site where I can find information on different firewalls in order to
compare and (try to) choose the right one? and 3. I'm trying also to promote
LINUX (RH6.0 with ipchains) as a temporary solution; can anybody point me to a
site where I can find "tons" of information (especially advantages) of using
LINUX ? ( success stories, important companies using LINUX as a firewall
etc...).

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Tudor