Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: How do folks firewall MS Exchange?

From: "Noller, Gregory" <Noller2G () kochind com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:35:52 -0500

We are testing OWA.

We have our Internet based clients point their browser at an IP address that
the Raptor firewall aliases into our DMZ which has a dual homed host running
OWA.  That box has certain access through a screening router into our
Exchange server.

We use SSL/port 443 (only open port 443 between red IP of firewall and OWA).
Tests so far indicate that it works fine.

We sniffed a complete transaction and could gather no data as to username
and password.

What do you all think?

 <<Image1.jpg>>

Gregory Noller
Network Security Technologist
Koch Industries, Inc.
(316) 828-7725
(316) 214-7057 (Cellular)

        To report a computer security incident or learn about a suspected
virus, call our 24 hour Computer Incident Response Team at (800) 577-2862
(828-5672 in Wichita).  You can also E-Mail us at CIRT () kochind com.

On Tuesday,October 12,1999 8:33 PM, Bill Pennington