Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Newspaper Article about Cable Modem security / Solutions?

From: Neil Ratzlaff <neil.ratzlaff () ucop edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:08:42 -0800

At home I have been using a Mac, so I really don't have to worry much. I am getting ready to add a Windows95 machine, but I won't do so until I get a linux box set up as a firewall. Not cheap compared to BlackIce (http://www.networkice.com/Products/BlackICE/) for $40, or similar products that run directly on a W9x machine. I haven't investigated this product, so don't take it as my recommendation, but the price is right.

Neil