Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Windows NT

From: "nate campi" <nayfin () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 06:43:31 PST

Scot,
Perhaps the best single reference for locking down an NT4 installation
is maintained by the Navy.  It's called the _Secure Windows NT
Installation and Configuration Guide_.
Get the PDF at http://infosec.navy.mil/COMPUSEC/navynt.pdf and the Word
format at http://infosec.navy.mil/COMPUSEC/navynt.zip
The reason that I sing its praises is that it gets down and dirty right
away and it doesn't leave anything to guesswork.  Every step is clearly
laid out, all the way down to C2 configuration (I know, I know, NT4
never got a C2 cert but they tell you how to do it anyway :-)
Happy Locking Down!
nate