Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

FW: ftp behind MS PRoxy Server 2.0

From: Richard Morris <rmorris () dtsi com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 12:43:27 -0800

Greetings,

        I am trying to write an ftp client in Visual C++
        on WinNT from behind Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0(CERN and socks4a).
        Does anyone know of any code samples, or even general ideas
        about how to do this? Can't use MFC's ftp stuff 'cause it uses
WinInet which
        uses the CERN part, which of course is http, so you can only
download,
        not upload. so...

        My socket calls always return without being able to resolve
        the host name and such. Has anyone done this before so they know
        specifically which dll's to link and so on?
        (Not even sure this is the problem)

        No comment/idea is too trivial, they are all welcome.

Thanks for any help at all,

Richard Morris