Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Survey.exe

From: Jean-Hugues Smits <j.h.smits () pointnet nl>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 10:03:15 +0200

Hi All,

I,ve been reading this list for a while and a must say I learned a lot. This
is my first time post here, I hope I will help someone by reacting to this
post.
I'm running NT 4.0,  SP5 and the same thing happened to me. It indeed
appears to come from a Microsoft site. The "Survey.exe" itself didn't take
up the 100% CPU utilization but it took about 64% and the Iexplore process
took the other 35%. I made a screenskot and killed the process. The
"Survey.exe" appears to come from
ftp://msfe.microsoft.com/swcomponents/sw/Survey.exe
<ftp://msfe.microsoft.com/swcomponents/sw/Survey.exe>  (314KB) and I also
noticed a "Survey.dat" coming from
ftp://msfe.microsoft.com/swcomponents/so/Survey.dat
<ftp://msfe.microsoft.com/swcomponents/so/Survey.dat>  (22,1KB) I also saw
(in Temp) 2 asp's (runonce.asp + SetCities.ASP?<something>) from another MS
website but they may have nothing to do with that. Hope this little bit of
information helps.
Keep up the good postings!! I'll absorbe the knowledge!

Jean-Hugues Smits
j.h.smits () pointnet nl <mailto:j.h.smits () pointnet nl>
Pointnet Security Systems