Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

update: Survey.exe

From: Kenneth_W_Fox () sbphrd com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:04:40 -0400

I'm the original poster of the message coming in from a different mailing
address - please excuse .

1. It turns out that the survey was something that started running when I
tried to download SP5 for NT4 fromMicrosofts support site. The program
seems to have had a problem with a dodgy connection which caused it to
crash into a permenant loop. The loop caused it to suck up all available
resources, until I found an killed it.

2. I'm fairly certain of the above because the survey program ran when I
tried the SP5 download on Monday night. Looking through the data files
found nothing malicious.

Thanks for the help & suggestions everyone

dleblanc () mindspring com on 31-May-1999 00:21

Please respond to dleblanc () mindspring com