Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Cisco PIX

From: Carric Dooley <carric () com2usa com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:10:00 -0400 (EDT)

If you are going to use NAT, understand it thoroughly before you implement
it.  Static NAT's take a translation and a conduit.  Getting the addresses
backwards causes the firewall to lock up any time someone tries to access
the incorrectly "translated" address.

If you are not an IOS guy, get the GUI tools installed.  They are a
little more friendly.

Carric Dooley
COM2:Interactive Media
http://www.com2usa.com