Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: .gov/.mil threat ID

From: "Crumrine, Gary L" <CrumrineGL () state gov>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:06:17 -0500

Your reply is right on Paul.

Sounds like the gentleman should be more interested in tightening up his
systems than complaining on how DOD reacted to someone knocking on their
door.

You read it in the press every day how the BIG BAD DOD stood by and did
nothing, or didn't see something etc.

No matter what they do, they will get criticized for it.

Before someone goes flaming the practices of different people and agencies,
I suggest they step outside of the academic realm and walk in the DOD's
shoes for a while.  Maybe then they'd understand a little more.  It is not a
game.