Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: DMZ, defined.

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <proberts () clark net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:48:23 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, dreamwvr wrote:

Since DMZ is taken how about calling it the 'The Pen' seems to fit from
my understanding of the language;) Since according to definition
namely 'Webster Dictionary' it is a enclosure for animals. Well since
the big I is often called 'The Wild' it works for me:)

Because most of us have been using "service network" for a number of
years, and there doesn't seem to be a good reason to stop.

Paul
Paul D. Robertson      "My statements in this message are personal opinions
proberts () clark net      which may have no basis whatsoever in fact."
                                                                     PSB#9280