Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Y2K rollover Vigilance

From: "Saravana Ram" <Ram () POP Jaring My>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 19:09:22 +0800

Having checked all out, what do you think of turning the date back, say, 28
years
in the past, just in case.  Do you all wizards know of any 72year
problem?.   Seeing that the day's configurations is the same every
28 years, we think that all systems that don't depend of the actual
date should be moved back.  After the rollover period (which we
extend up to first days of March), all we have to do is modify the
year part of the date in the logs for our processing (ie: 1971 =
1999, 1972 = 2000).

Okay, I'm a little daft, but why do you want this? How does the exactly
identical day configuration have any significance to the Y2k problem?