Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Altavista Firewall98 SP3 broken on DU40D

From: "Van Bemmel, Berend" <VanBemmel.Berend () kpmg nl>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 15:35:41 +0100

Hello,

I received severall comments on my original posting regarding AVFW98 SP3 on
DU40D.

There were to people that suggested that the kernel configuration got
busted, of which on also gave a hint to solve it: 'add the following line to
you kernel config file: pseudo-device gwscreen'. Unfortunately I have not
been able to test it, but I think it is a pointer in the right direction.

One person suggested installing an other firewall. I agree with him. The
AVFW has been very poorly serviced for a very long time, I myself have no
hope it will get better. For next year we already have planned the
replacement of the AVFW.

Thanx for your help all,

Berend

the system manager.