Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Altavista Firewall98 SP3 broken on DU40D

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () nfr net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 14:50:00 -0500

I wrote:
Sounds like the patch install removed the kernel config for the
screen device. You need to make sure that it's turned back on
in the kernel, then rebuild and reinstall the kernel.

The other thing that's pretty amazing, to me, rereading this
exchange is that the AV firewall must still have a lot of
its original design. That was largely stuff I laid down
back in 1990/1991 or thereabouts. Does the AV firewall still
have the "-xd" daemons? (ftpxd, telnetxd, etc)  That's some
seriously antique code! :)

mjr.
--
Marcus J. Ranum, CEO, Network Flight Recorder, Inc.
work - http://www.nfr.net