Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FW1 on NT and setting the external interface

From: Alex Ho <alex () infinitum com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 21:53:59 +0800 (SGT)

Hi

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Thomas Crowe wrote:
interface set. However when I create and edit the external.if in $FWDIR/conf
I still get the same problem.  I have tried all of the following formats for
naming the interface:  The NT name (Cpqnet01), the FW bound name
(FW-Cpqnet01), the name assigned to it in the gateway properties (External),
I believe I even tried the IP address. All to no avail.  Another part of

On the Windows NT command prompt, type "ipconfig"
It will say Ethernet Adapter XXX, where XXX is the interface name.

this is that I ma protecting my internal LAN from multiple external
wans/lans so how do I also assign multiple external interfaces in the
external.if

FW-1 license is based on the number of concurrent assesses, so it doesnt
matter if your internal number of accesses is less than the license
allowed.

Regards
Alex

INFINITUM Singapore Pte Ltd
alex () infinitum com            > http://www.infinitum.com
singapore > voice 65-3236360  > fax  65-3236390