Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Verifying SP installation on NT 4

From: Marc Delince <marc.delince () computer org>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 10:16:04 -0400

What is the use of this???

From what I can tell, NT will tell you that SPx has been installed. OK. Now what is the value of this information? If
I install some software that reinstall some of the old files (not SPx), NT will not tell me that the OS is not anymore
compliant with the SPx level.

The only way I can know for sure (?) (and only until a change occurs) is to reinstall the SPx package.

Marc Delince, CISSP             E-Mail: marc.delince () computer org