Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Cisco Firewall IOS question

From: "Ryan Russell" <ryanr () sybase com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 22:21:59 -0700

The Firewall IOS Feature Set Plus IPSEC 56 does in fact include
encryption (56 bit IPSEC with your choice of several methods)

Thanks for the info.  Some of this is new since I last looked (and it
wasn't all THAT long ago.)  The good news is that I was wrong and
you can have the FW feature set w/crypto.  Either the Cisco
(non-standard) crypto or IPSec flavor.  It's available now as
an 11.3T release.

The bad news is that the names imply that it's still limited to
56-bit.  Isn't there a longer bit-length that's considered mandatory
for IPSec (3-DES or some such) or was that just wishful thinking
on my part?

For those interested (and who can read Cisco IOS descriptions) below
is the list I got when I selected export-controlled IOS releases.

                         Ryan

DESKTOP/IBM 56
DESKTOP/IBM IPSEC 56
ENTERPRISE 56