Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Trusted Unices Aren't?

From: David Collier-Brown <davecb () canada sun com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 09:38:40 -0500

Gordon Greene wrote:
I always thought I'd missed out on something historical by being too late
for Multics.  And, while it's nice to have things look normal for a regular
user, doing trusted programming on a system that makes it tough to see what
you are working on is no tasty treat.

        I was only in one compartment/level, and so
        didn't need to know all the complex stuff.

        If I was in several, I would have had visibility
        into each.

--dave
--
Willowdale, Ontario   | davecb () hobbes ss org, canada.sun.com
N2M 1Y3. 416-223-8968 | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb