Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Lotus Notes question

From: Bart Smit <Bart.Smit () bowneglobal nl>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 12:21:11 +0200

A quick question: does Lotus Notes use only one connection
between the client and the server? According to what I've found on Lotus'
web site you only need to allow access to port 1352, but I've gotten this
strange message from a client.....

Yes, any client (or server) that initiates a connection to your server
does so on port 1352 and that's it. I successfully use plug-gw from the
TIS fwtk to make off-site servers and clients talk to our Notes server
and setting it up was very straightforward.

B.t.w. what is the "strange message" ? I bet it contains a clue or two
about what's wrong ;-)

--
Bart Smit                                   Phone: +31 71 5617670
System Administrator                          Fax: +31 71 5617484

     Bowne Global Solutions (Netherlands) BV
     Papelaan 85
     2252 EG  VOORSCHOTEN
     The Netherlands