Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Certificate Authority

From: Rick Smith <rick_smith () securecomputing com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 13:46:44 -0500

At 10:59 AM 7/8/98 -0500, Moses, Ikoedem wrote:
I will like to have  an independent evaluation of some CAs. Can someone
point me  to where  I can get the information. Thanks.

There's a problem with this question because "CA" has become an overloaded
term. Some people mean it to apply to enterprises that handle
certifications and issue certificates (like Verisign and Entrust) while
others apply it to the software that issues the certificates (like
Netscape's "Certificate Server").

So, which is it? Whichever it is, I'll be interested in any answers you find.

Rick.
smith () securecomputing com