Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Certificate Authority

From: "Ivan Fernandez" <spambox () home com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 22:03:07 -0400

Depends what you are looking for... are you looking for a CA offering certs
as a service such as Verisign or GTE Cybertrust?  Or are you looking to roll
your own using products such as Entrust, Netscape Cert server, Xcert, etc?

Either way, point you browser to
http://www.data.com/roundups/certificate.html for a review of CA service
providers and product vendors.

You are supposed to assess a CA trustworthiness by reading their CP and CPS
documents (provided you can stay awake while trying to get through them).
If you are looking at a service provider look for these docs.

Ivan Fernandez
Network Architect
GeoTrain Corp
ifernandez () geotrain com