Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: working on a new syslogd.

From: Darren Reed <avalon () coombs anu edu au>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 19:25:27 +1000 (EST)

In some mail from ark () eltex ru, sie said:

nuqneH,

Darren Reed <avalon () coombs anu edu au> said :

In some mail from Hubert Weikert, sie said:

1998-07-03-04:08:41 Darren Reed:
Over the past few months, I've spent some time (increasingly less
recently :-() on writing a new syslogd.

One improvement which I would wish to include is a mechanism similar to
the mechanism used for ssyslog. Details under
  http://www.core-sdi.com/ssyslog/

Been there, read that.  That is not exportable (I think)

core-sdi is not US or Canada, is it? And why should you care about all that
being in .au?

Because it cannot be redistributed from the USA then or included in products
shipped from the USA (well, except to USA/Canada, which makes life difficult,
not esay).

Darren