Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Here is my plan for firewall implementation

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <proberts () clark net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 10:31:07 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, Adam Shostack wrote:

Casper Dik has posted a tool to Bugtraq to turn off stack
executability on Sparcs.  It invalidates the standard egg, but there
may be ways around it.  (If a user can overwrite arbitrary memory, he
can probably do arbitrary things.  The 'correct' solution is to

There was one from 'Solar Designer' earlier this year, or late last year
which did the same thing on Linux/Intel.  If anyone has both pieces of
code somewhere, as well as some further discussion, I'd appreciate a pointer.

Paul
Paul D. Robertson      "My statements in this message are personal opinions
proberts () clark net      which may have no basis whatsoever in fact."
                                                                     PSB#9280