Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: firewall configurator Was: Firewall administration.

From: "-= ArkanoiD =-" <ark () mpak convey ru>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 97 15:34:56 +0300

nuqneH,

From: "Magossa'nyi A'rpa'd" <mag () bunuel tii matav hu>
To: Bennett Todd <bet () rahul net>
CC: Rick Smith <rsmith () visi com>, firewall-wizards () nfr net,
        bozo () szivarvanynet hu
Subject: firewall configurator Was: Firewall administration.

[dd]

To have a full-featured firewall, you almost definitely need this when it is
finished, fwtk with the transproxy patch,

btw i don't think transproxy patch is a mandatory thing for a full-featured
firewall. Actually when i ask someone: do you _really_ need this,the answer
(usually) is "Hmm.. not a bad thing but i can't say i _need_ it" ;).

I also thought about content filtering in the way mimesweeper does. Given
the current set of conversion tools, I think that a Linux equipped with them
and a dosemu to run foreign virus scanners is a very good platform to
implement it.

btw do you know that McAfee viruscan runs on Unices?

I thinked about virus scan on a firewall.. Not so useful and too easy to
bypass (IMHO).

---
   Must be a visit from the dead..     _| o |_ | | _|| |   / _||_|   |_ |_ |_