Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re[2]: Penetration Tests

From: Edward Cracknell <edward () securIT net>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 08:38:51 +0100 (BST)

Dennis Nwaigbo <dnwaig () ctp com> wrote:
dnwaig >Where can I find the Israeli penetration test tool "Netch"?

<HUMBLE>
Apologies for the misleading mail earlier.

Out of ignorance, I called the Netect range Netech

They are NETECT

www.netect.com

I've had a look, and they offer a suite of products to identify
intrusion.
</HUMBLE>

<RANT>

I feel that knowing the products that are available is as critical as
knowing one or two of them in great technical detail (cover up or what?).
This way, any new features are learnt 'conceptually' that might
otherwise remain unknown.

Yes, it seems that most firewall products offer protection at the
Network layer, or at a higher level, and yes....most have a gui...and
yes.....they all have something 'value-added' that they claim the others
don't have......and yes, it seems Checkpoint's FW-1 wins in  7/10
surveys...

</RANT>
I'm currently building some html-based lists for a web site;

A comprehensive list of Firewall vendors/products

A comprehensive list of Intrusion detection vendors/products

A comprehensive list of cracking/security tools and their ftp locations

Should I/can I post this when complete? Take mails from interested
parties or simply post the url of the site once complete?

Suggestions and input greatly appreciated.

Edward Cracknell - <edward () SecurIT net>
Security Administrator